NLP was founded by John Grinder and Richard Bandler.
Being good friends with Erickson, they actually studied and analyzed Erickson's (non) technique to create NLP. For me, NLP is a beautiful way to attain the same results as with hypnosis but in a more "dynamic" way and also to help create an’optimal communication with the external environment and within the self.
It allows to experiment different states of consciousness through guided steps into different positions within a safe space. Indeed, the receiver will be moving from one position to another, guided to reach their goal as each of these positions will be a bridge to cleaning and transforming while creating a mindful connection between unconscious and conscious minds.
Basically, in hypnosis, the altered state of consciousness and the whole session happen in a chair in a kind of "static" posture, while in NLP, the body will be an important tool in the process, since there are mostly practices that involve physical movements.
NLP BASIC PRESUPPOSITIONS
- The meaning of your communication is the response you get - no matter what your intentions are.
- There is no such thing as failure, only feedback.
- Each of us has the resources to meet our next developmental challenge.
- Every behavior is motivated by a positive intention (a purpose).
- Every behavior (internal and external), every symptom, and every communication is useful and meaningful in some way (in some context).
- The Map is not the Territory